The ASRP Steering Committee hosts symposium events in the basin to share the scientific knowledge that has come from Chehalis Basin Strategy investment to better understand the basin ecosystems.
Date: January 7-8th, 2020
Time: 9:00am – 4:00pm
Location: Centralia College; 600 Centralia College Blvd., Centralia WA 98531
Day 1 (1/7/20) of the ASRP Symposium is geared toward the restoration and conservation community, as well as those who are interested in the more technical and scientific aspects of the ASRP Phase 1 development. There will be several presentations which fall into four categories: monitoring, modeling, genetics, and habitat restoration data gaps. There will be time after each presentation for audience questions, so come prepared!
Day 2 (1/8/20) of the ASRP Symposium is designed to engage and inform a broader audience of the ASRP and how this program interacts with communities in the Chehalis Basin. There will be several interactive activities throughout the day including two panel discussions: the first will address restoring resilience into the Basin and how the ASRP actions will help accomplish this. The second panel discussion will introduce ASRP implementation strategies. Symposium participants will then engage in a multi-part discussion to help develop community-based solutions to implementation challenges.
A detailed agenda will be posted to this page in the coming weeks.
For more information, please contact Emelie McKain at Emelie.McKain@dfw.wa.gov or fill out the contact form on this page.
Interested in Attending?
Sign up below for updates about the 2020 Symposium.
The Chehalis Basin ASRP Steering Committee hosted the Science Symposium September 19-20, 2018 in Chehalis. The two-day event was an opportunity to share findings from scientific research that informs the ASRP, as well as receive feedback on the Ecological Diversity Region Prioritization to inform Phase 1 ASRP development.
All scientific presentations and associated reports are posted for distribution.
- Spawner abundance and distribution of salmon and steelhead in the Upper Chehalis River: Presentation | Report | Audio Presentation
- Grays Harbor Fall Chum abundance and distribution: Presentation | Audio Presentation
- Population genetic analysis of Chehalis River winter steelhead: Presentation | Report | Audio Presentation
- Population genetic analysis of Chehalis River Chinook salmon: Presentation | Report | Audio Presentation
- Investigating juvenile life history using otolith chemistry: Presentation | Report | Audio Presentation
- Spring Chinook salmon in the Chehalis River: Presentation | Audio Presentation
- Summer patterns of fish, habitat, and temperature in sub-basins of Chehalis River: Presentation | Report | Audio Presentation
- Native freshwater fishes research in the Chehalis River: Presentation | Report | Audio Presentation
- Conclusions of fish program research: Presentation | Audio Presentation
- Off-channel habitat studies: Presentation
- Habitat changes in the Chehalis floodplain: Presentation | Audio Presentation
- Chehalis culverts considering climate change in design: Presentation | Audio Presentation
- Riparian-associated amphibians: Presentation | Audio Presentation
- Instream amphibian studies (Western Toad): Presentation | Audio Presentation